Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Crocheted Mini Basket in Progress

 



Hello and welcome to The Modern Needlewoman! This project, a crocheted mini basket, is my very first share on this blog. I'm making a few of these baskets up to fill with candy and hand out as gifts to friends and family on Easter. I'm making this basket from Mainstays crochet cotton which I really love. It seems softer than cotton I've used in the past such as Sugar'n Cream and Peaches & Creme. It honestly feels like better quality than those other brands too because it doesn't do all the typical splitting I'm accustomed to when I crochet with "dishcloth" cotton. The color (Brown Stone Beige) is perfect for my baskets and just the shade of beige I was looking for. I'm making the pattern up as I go along. It's worked in simple single crochet stitches throughout. I should have the basket completed soon and I'll share a photo with you then. It sure is fun looking forward to spring during the cold days of winter and of course who doesn't look forward to a basket full of Easter candy??

No comments:

Post a Comment